After your procedure, it is recommended to observe the following in order to avoid any complications. This applies to both clinical procedures and at home microdermabrasion machines.
After 12 hours
- No makeup or any topical skincare that is not cleared by the aesthetician. If you're doing at home microdermabrasion, included harsh creams and toners.
After 24 hours
- No hair removal treatments like waxing, depilatories, etc. Men should close shave be before the treatment.
- No swimming
After 48 hours
- No collagen injections, Botox, or dermal fillers. If being done before the treatment, wait at l east 14 days to allow the fillers to settle in the skin.
- No sun exposure including sun beds and saunas
After 72 hours
- No using of hydroxy acids including AHA, retinoids, or glycolic acids
- No using of heavy and strong creams
- No using of mechanical exfoliation like facial wash with beads
- Make sure to wear sunscreen with a minimum spf of 30 and formulated for sensitive skin. This is to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Use moisturizers to hydrate the skin and prevent any peeling.
- Choose products that have a pH of between 4.5 and 7.
- As a general rule, essential oils and organic botanical ingredients should not be used to avoid any allergic reactions.
- If undergoing laser treatments, it is recommended that the laser treatments be finished before moving on to microdermabrasion for maintenance. Allow two weeks between the procedures.